Sunday, December 18, 2005

Shop 'til I drop, then shop some more.

It's so nice, being on vacation. Sunday night, and I have nowhere to go tomorrow! I can stay up as late as I want to, and sleep until I wake up tomorrow morning. (I will probably go to bed fairly soon, however, because I got up EARLY this morning to take Christine to the airport.)

I have very little to report. I went Christmas shopping yesterday with Christine, (I'm DONE!), came home and wrapped everything that still needed to be wrapped, and spent the evening hanging out with Ann and Michelle. (Why is it that when women get together, we inevitably end up sitting around the kitchen table? One of life's great mysteries.) Today, after my uneventful adventure to the airport, I watched a movie, then provided Ann with moral support while she finished her Christmas shopping. I also purchased a fire extinguisher for my apartment -- until today, I didn't have one! Also,

I THINK I MAY HAVE FOUND THE PERFECT PURSE.

Yes indeed, I think I have. It's from the Electric Fetus's gift department. It's green corduroy, not too big but not too small, has an adjustable strap that can go "Indiana Jones" style OR over-the-shoulder, and very well constructed. (It's by "Dickies.") I haven't had much time to test it out yet, but I am feeling confident that this may, indeed, be my perfect purse. I didn't, up until now, know that such a thing existed. I had hopes, of course, but false ones, I thought.

ALL HAIL THE PURSE GODS FOR SENDING THE PERFECT PURSE MY WAY! It only took 26.5 years!

And I promise tomorrow I will begin posting Christmas Cookie recipes. For now, I'll tell you what I made:
gingerbread people
cutout butter cookies with peppermint icing and sprinkles
Irish Cream Truffle Cookies
Cappuccino Biscotti

Nighty night, folks, and I apologize if you have to go to work tomorrow. I don't!

AND . . .

H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y C H E L S E A ! ! !

Go check out Chels's new and improved blog -- link's on the right hand side of this here bloggie.

1 comment:

Nana said...

i love purses & totes of all kinds! :) How 'bout a picture of the "perfect purse"? i would love to see it.