Thursday, June 15, 2006

Magic 8-Ball iPod Meme

Thanks to VeganCore for this fun evening distraction after a long workday!

The way it works:
1. Put your iPod on shuffle.
2. Press forward for each question.
3. Use the song title as the answer to the question.

How am I feeling today?
Going Underground (The Jam) (totally feel like finding a dark, cool corner -- completely accurate way to sum up my day!)

Will I get far in life?
Be That Kind (The TV Sound) (not bad advice to live by! Thanks Steve!)

How do my friends see me?
Stacked Actors (Foo Fighters) (is it me or the actors that are stacked?)

When will I get married?
Yesterday (The Beatles) (darn . . . must have missed my chance!)

What is my best friend's theme song?
Trying (Lifehouse) (Marie, what are you trying to do?)

What is the story of my life?
Smile Like You Mean It (The Killers) (HAHAHAHAHA! "Faking it" is a skill I'm learning!)

What was high school like?
Just What I Needed (Sister Hazel) (NOT . . . high school was awful!)

How am I going to get ahead in life?
In Awe Again (Chris Harrington) (well, I am amazed by the simplest things . . . )

What is the best thing about me?
If I Had $1,000,000 (Barenaked Ladies) (so, the best thing about me is that I don't have any money? Keeps me real, I guess.)

How is today going to be?
Pull the Power (The TV Sound) (???)

What is in store for this weekend?
Far Away From My Heart (The BoDeans) (man! That sounds like a bummer weekend.)

What song describes my parents?
It's Only Me (Barenaked Ladies) (interesting . . . )

What song describes your grandparents?
Wonderful (Everclear) (debatable, since my grandpa is on a mission to marry me off, now that my cousin's married . . . )

How is my life going?
Just Drums (Tapes 'n Tapes) (may need a little help from my friend Dan the drummer on this one!)

What song will they play at my funeral?
Look to the Children (Sister Hazel) (appropriate, given that I love Sister Hazel, and my career has been about children so far! Freaky.)

How does the world see me?
Fear of Mimes (Chris Koza) (ha! That's hilarious. I'm not afraid of mimes, but I guess I must look like someone who is!)

Will I have a happy life?
Losing Lisa (Ben Folds) (I must have already lost her, since I don't know anyone named Lisa . . . be on the lookout for me!)

What do my friends really think of me?
Can't Get There From Here (R.E.M.) (guys, am I really that misguided?)

Do people secretly lust after me?
Lovesong (The Cure) (sweet! I must have a secret admirer.)

How can I make myself happy?
I'll Give You Me (Epic Hero) (hm. So being selfless will make me happy in the end. Again, not bad advice from the magic iPod!)

What should I do with my life?
Change Your Mind (Sister Hazel) (so clearly I'm headed in the wrong direction!)

Will I ever have children?
This is Forgery (Dashboard Confessional) (yes, I guess I am a forgerer right now -- I'm pretending to be someone else's children's parent!)

What is some good advice for me?
The Deepest Blues are Black (Foo Fighters) (deep, man.)

What is my signature dancing song?
Alternative Girlfriend (Barenaked Ladies) (I do actually enjoy that song a lot! It's not completely danceable, though. And I no longer own a secondhand futon.)

What do I think my current theme song is?
How (Lisa Loeb) (again, appropriate -- I have these big ideas, but how to get there?)

What does everyone else think my current theme song is?
Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors (Radiohead) (whaa?)

What type of men/women do you like?
Po'Lazarus (James Carter & The Prisoners) (oh, so I have this deep-seeded attraction to lepers that I was unaware of. I see.)

What kind of kisser are you?
Daylight (Coldplay) (I guess I wouldn't mind . . . )

What's your style?
Take Me Out (Franz Ferdinand) (sometimes I do enjoy having others make the decisions, although not all that often!)

What kind of lover are you?
Lonely As You (Foo Fighters) (not going there . . . !)

What would be playing on a first date?
Love Me Do (The Beatles) (very cute!)

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Lies (Joe Firstman) (HAHAHAHAHAHA! So I'll be livin' a lie. Wonderful. I must be really misguided!)


Oh, that was super-funny. Worth a good chuckle and a half! Thanks for the idea, VeganCore!

6 comments:

Dori said...

Funny! Good for a chuckle on my sleepless evening. (drank coffee a little to late).

Harmonia said...

Great read! Also like the 5 things in the next post!

I am really enjoying the posts you are making in the vegginout area. Thanks for all your help! I should be around more today!

Crystal said...

Mark Wheat was playing some Tapes n Tapes the othere day - thought of you!

Good idea with the Magic I-Pod game.

I saw you have Everclear on your player - I am so excited that their AM Radio song is being used for a commercial (sucky that it's for GM, but still, it's a great promo song!)

-Crystal

MeloMeals said...

Hilarious.. things like this would make a good beginning to a short story..

I like the Smart Dogs when I'm in the mood for them. I like them better than tofu pups (although it's been a long time since I've had a tofu pup).. I used to eat the Mornisgstar Farms frozen hot dogs, but they were too "meaty" for my liking.. plus they have eggs in them.

I LOVED your soup!!

Amanda said...

Awesome! You're going to be living a lie and I'm going to be in a freakshow. Man we have bright futures ahead of us. :)

Catherine Weber said...

Dori, I HATE when that happens. I usually try to be so careful about no caffeine after noon . . . but sometimes I slip up! Someone once told me that caffeine sits in your system for 10 to 12 hours! Holy cow!

Harmonia, I'm having a lot of fun "Veggin' Out." I like writing restaurant reviews, although they won't do the veggie masses at large much good, unless they live in the Twin Cities metro area. I prefer good local places, so people are just going to have to come visit, I guess!

Hey Crystal, don't knock GM -- my Grandpa used to work for them! I can get a discount on their cars. (S'okay -- you didn't know!) I've wanted to see Tapes 'n Tapes play live ever since I bought their CD . . . not yet, though. Soon, I hope! So cool that they received, like, three pages of coverage in Rolling Stone after SxSW. My favorite Everclear song of all time is "Unemployed Boyfriend." Man, that song makes me laugh out loud every single time!

Melody, I'm so glad you loved the soup! When I first made it, I took one bite and thought, "okay, this is a winner." Sometimes I even impress myself! :) Thanks for the tofu-dog advice, too!

Vegancore, we'll check back in five to ten years and see how we're both doing on living our lies and freakshows! Sweet.