Saturday, July 01, 2006

Weekend Munchies

example

Here's the deal: I usually do my shopping on the weekend (either Friday night or Saturday morning, typically,) and write up my Midweek Munchies post when I get home, then save it and wait to post it until the following Wednesday. I've decided I'm not very good at waiting, thus, I am being a rebel and will be posting "Weekend Munchies" from now on!

Plus this way, you get to see a preview of all of my goodies before hearing about cooking projects. Yes, there will be cooking projects this weekend. Many, many cooking projects. I will post recipes when I can!

FROZEN
10 ounce bag SnoPac organic edamame

PACKAGED GROCERY
Garden of Eatin' Sesame Blues chips
6 ounces organic brown rice puffs
8 ounces Ka-Me rice noodles (the skinny kind you soak in boiling water)
half a gram of saffron threads
4-pack Seventh Generation TP
12 ounce package spring roll wrappers
17.5 ounce package potato gnocchi

PERSONAL CARE
Tom's of Maine mint shaving cream
5-pack Preserve razor blades

PRODUCE
1 organic cucumber
1 organic Haas avocado
3 organic lemons
1 organic lime
3 organic valencia oranges
.33 pounds organic bing cherries
2 organic white peaches
1 head organic purple garlic
2 organic fennel bulbs (with fronds)
1 bunch organic cilantro
1 bunch organic parsley
.34 pounds organic cremini mushrooms
1 organic red onion
2 organic white onions
1 bunch organic green onions
1 organic green bell pepper
2 shallots (I think they are organic, but the receipt just says "shallots")
4 organic gold beets
sevenish local hothouse tomatoes
1-pound bag organic carrots
1 bag mung bean sprouts
1 pound box organic strawberries
1 bag prewashed local organic baby spinach
1 package organic thai basil
1 package organic oregano
1 package organic peppermint
1 package organic tarragon
1 package organic thyme

REFRIGERATED GROCERY
12 ounce package wonton skins
Organic Valley OJ plus calcium
four WholeSoy yogurts (raspberry, lemon, blueberry, and apricot-mango)


*** Planned Cooking Projects With All Of This Good Stuff ***

Edamame Dumplings (Cooking Light)
Spring Rolls (vegcooking.com) with peanut dipping sauce (made-up based on VegCooking recipe)
Miso Soup (Party of One in progress)
Vegetarian Paella (Cooking Light)
Roasted Beet Salad with Tarragon Vinaigrette (Cooking Light)
Lemon-Orange Fennel Salad (Cooking Light)
English Tea Scones (Party of One in progress)
Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies (Party of One in progress)
Granola (Party of One in progress)
Guacamole (Party of One in progress)
more cold-press coffee

Visit Harmonia for more info on Midweek Munchies.

And, other exciting projects I will be working on over the next four days:

1. I have decided to go through and chop up the gazillion food periodicals I have stashed in my desk (mostly, three year's worth of Cooking Light and Eating Well mags, as well as a few random VTs and RealSimples thrown in,) gluestick the recipes I actually think I might make to sheets of 3-hole drilled paper, and file them in a binder. Each recipe will get its own page, so there will be plenty of space for notetaking and whatnot. I started the chopping up process earlier this week, and started the gluesticking part today. I did not buy enough 3-hole drilled paper, and I think I'm going to have to buy two more binders by the time I'm done. (I've used up 100 sheets already.) Sheesh! However, I hope this new system will actually inspire me to use these new recipes! So far, it's working!

2. I will (hopefully) dig through my storage closet and storage locker, and pull out everything I plan on taking to Michelle's friend Trudy's house for her summer rummage sale, and load it all into bags into my truck. Once I trek out to Trudy's house and unload all of this stuff, I can begin the car-selling process. Wahoo!

3. I also have itty-bitty, odds-and-ends type projects hanging about, a mountain of dishes (as always,) and a bit of light cleaning to do. While this weekend won't necessarily be relaxing, I'm looking forward to getting a ton done!

No comments: