Saturday, January 26, 2008

speedy, speedy!

Life has been a little crazy lately . . . thus, meals have been quick, simple, and not necessarily photo-worthy! I did manage to snap a couple of pics this week, though:

example
I haven't had my lunchbox out in ages, I think largely because I've been preparing a lot of one-pot dinners, which have transitioned well to lunches in leftover form. However, I did manage to pack a dinner for my busy Wednesday this week -- ants on a log, pink lady apple slices, a corn muffin, and a small piece of leftover brownie (no, I didn't bake -- leftover from dinner out the previous week,) which I enjoyed during the Haiti partnership committee meeting, before choir practice.

Oh yeah . . . did I mention Dan and I are going on a mission trip to Haiti this spring? Considering I've never left the country, I figure, Haiti would be quite the first adventure! I'll tell more about the trip when we have more details.

example
Breakfast this morning was mysteriously similar to last Saturday's breakfast . . . can't get enough waffles! The recipe's so easy and so delicious, I can't help it. :) This time, I decided to top them in the manner in which my friend Ann taught me -- peanut butter and maple syrup. (Hey, it's protein, right?)

Speaking of Ann, she was kind enough to help me with my taxes last night, and I'm looking at a whopping refund again this year! Wahoo! Most of my refund will be earmarked for travel expenses, but I may treat myself to a new cookbook, too.

example
Dinner tonight was simple: hash browns, (which get better and better each time I make them -- this time I tried a higher smoke point oil, with excellent results!), and scrambled eggs with mushroom, onion, garlic, spinach, and feta. YUM.

I may bake later tonight . . . until then!

3 comments:

Carrie™ said...

A trip to Haiti would be quite an adventure! Can't wait to hear more about it. Breakfast for dinner is always good. Hash browns rule!

Anonymous said...

Those hash browns are making me hungry! Haiti is beautiful and the people are so friendly. I am looking forward to when you will blog about it. :)

Judy said...

Oh wow, those hash browns look amazing. That's something I haven't made in a looooong time - maybe tomorrow's breakfast...

Waffles are one of my fave foods, and I love the peanut butter idea. Kind of embarrassed I haven't thought of that already!