Sunday, June 15, 2008

VCON-athon, part III

I did make ONE more thing from VCON, to squeeze the last few ounces of fun and tastiness from the weekend:

The vanilla pound cake is spectacular! Even better topped with a scoop of buttermilk-lemon sorbet and some fresh strawberries. :)

Dan and I both liked this, even though neither one of us much cares for cake, as a general rule. (We're more pie people, really.) He even took a couple slices home for the week! (And a whole bunch of other leftovers, too -- it's nice to have help getting through all the food.)

I hope everyone else had wonderful weekends, too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another one I must make! Love the pic of you and Dan in the background :]

Oh-and I made your granola (well, a variation with what I had) and it was spectacular! Thanks. I will blog about it in my next post.

Anonymous said...

I kept wondering when in your V-con-a-thon you were going to post about this! I wanted to ask in the last post, but I figured I would wait and see...I am glad you liked it! It is surprisingly good, isn't it?! And I am sure it was spectacular topped with your homemade ice cream and fresh strawberries...

Courtney

Hungry Hungry Dancer said...

i've heard that this pound cake is one of the best recipe's that vcon has!!!!

im gunna make it.. youve convinced me!