Friday, March 20, 2009

Yoga Challenge (day 20), pad Thai, and cupcake tease!

I must confess . . . I skipped out on yoga last night. In my defense, I had already gotten a lot of exercise during the day, (I walked home and back to work during my break, and then to and from the grocery store that evening,) had a LOT to do last night, and spent some time catching up with my friend Ann on the phone. As it was, I didn't get to bed until 11:30!! Yowza.

I'll be back on track tonight, though -- I'll do either Stress Relief or PM Yoga in a little while, once my dinner has more of a chance to settle in.

~~~~~~~~~~

Dinner? Did somebody mention dinner?
example
"Brooklyn Pad Thai" from Vegan with a Vengeance. (The broccoli addition was my original take on the recipe, to add another veggie serving to the meal, as well as an additional layer of tastiness!) All I can say about this recipe is . . . thank you, Isa! I no longer have to go out for my most favorite Thai dish of all time! (Maybe this will mean I'll start branching out and trying different Thai dishes besides pad Thai, because it won't be my only opportunity to eat pad Thai for a couple of months??)

P.S. This recipe was pretty easy, too -- I came home during my break today and prepped most of the ingredients, (chopped veggies, made the sauce, cooked the noodles, etc.) and then had dinner on the table within a half hour of arriving home tonight!

I really like recipes/meals that can be made mostly ahead of time. (Who doesn't?)

~~~~~~~~~~

I did get around to making cupcakes last night . . . but I haven't snapped a photo of them yet, (lousy lighting last night, cloudy/rainy day today,) so I'm going to hold out on you all until tomorrow! Sorry. :)

5 comments:

MeloMeals said...

The pad thai looks to die for! Love that stuff..

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Mmm, pad thai; and I cannot WAIT to see the cupcakes!!

Ricki said...

I also LOVE pad thai! Now I must try Isa's recipe. YUM!

Sharon said...

Scrumptious! BROCCOLI!!

Crystal said...

I almost put this on my meal list for this week, but I'm glad I didn't. That means I can add it for next week with your idea of adding broccoli - thanks! Yum!