Wednesday, April 08, 2009

creature of habit.

I am, without a doubt, a creature of habit. This week has been a perfect illustration . . . I took Monday off from work, so yesterday totally felt like Monday. (Coupled with doing laundry last night, which I usually do on Mondays, REALLY reinforced the whole Monday-concept.) Today, however, feels like Thursday -- since I went grocery shopping! I'm so darn confused, and working tomorrow night will throw everything off even more. :) (Don't even get me started about the ADDITIONAL load of Monday laundry I did tonight!)

If I make it to the weekend in one piece, we'll call it a good week. :)

Anyhow, here's the loot:

example

PACKAGED GROCERY:
organic chunky tomato pasta sauce
Seventh Generation TP

PRODUCE:
organic broccoli
local, hydroponic romaine
organic cucumber
organic bananas
organic lemon
organic kale
local, organic white button mushrooms
local, hydroponic tomato
local, organic shredded cabbage mix
organic apples

REFRIGERATED GROCERY:
5-grain tempeh (2)

~~~~~~~~~~

This weekend's meal plan:
Friday night: more homemade pizza, with side salads
Saturday lunch: poached eggs, kale and mushrooms, and hashbrowns
Saturday dinner: hot-sauce glazed tempeh, mashed potatoes, and broccoli
Sunday lunch: pasta with side salads
Sunday dinner: falafel sandwiches!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Awesome groceries, and awesome menu you have planned!