Tuesday, June 30, 2009

really healthy meals

We have had a plethora of produce around here lately -- between strawberry-picking, a trip to the Farmer's Market, and Dan's brother sharing half of his CSA for the week with us, the fridge has been at capacity with fresh fruits and veggies!

Result? Some really healthy meals.

example
A strawberry-mango-blueberry-banana-orange smoothie.

example
Sliced tomatoes sprinkled with salt, a couple of slices of baguette smeared with herbed goat cheese, and steamed beets and greens tossed with balsamic vinaigrette.

example
Beans and rice and steamed broccoli!

I've also had cinnamon-peach oatmeal for breakfast the last two days in a row, which has been yummy and filling. Hooray for healthy food!

4 comments:

Crystal said...

I've been loving my no-cook meals lately. A little bit of strawberries here, a salad there...easy! (Yes, our fridge is packed too).

I'm curious how you only had 2 pieces of baguette with goat cheese. I would have inhaled the whole thing.

Emily said...

Those meals look great!

J said...

Oh my goodness, there is nothing better than simple beans and rice. Especially when served with a side of broccoli. You just can't go wrong there. Everything else looks great, but my heart belongs to that plate of beans and rice. ;-)

Liz said...

Okay, can we talk about how friggin cute that straw is in your smoothie? I mean, the food looks awesome, too. But I'm a big fan of straws. Especially cute ones!