Sunday, August 30, 2009

sigh.

Where has the weekend gone? (Where have the last two weeks gone?) I must confess . . . although I'm really enjoying my new job, the commute is killer. Many of you know I don't have a car, so I've been bussing to St. Paul 5 days a week. Adding up my nine hour shift at work and a one-hour commute on each end, I'm left with very long work days and very little time at home in the evenings to relax and get stuff done.

This has resulted in very busy weekends for me! I feel like I've been running around like a crazy person most of the weekend, completing errands, working on cooking projects, and washing mountains of dishes. I feel like I'm a reasonably efficient person, but I'm still feeling "behind."

Any suggestions for how I can squeeze a few more minutes out of my day? My commute is pretty much wasted time, since I'm walking over half of the time, and do not have a cell phone or laptop computer. (Plus side: I'm getting more reading done than I have in years!) I do have access to the internet at work, so I've been checking email and whatever during my break.

My goal? I'd like to start doing yoga again, at least a few times per week. I'm getting plenty of general exercise, since I'm walking about 3 miles daily, but my back's been needing the stretching lately. I need your ideas! Where am I going to find more minutes?????? :)

2 comments:

Tea With Fairytales said...

I definitely feel that way sometimes.

I wish I had some awesomely amazing suggestion for time-saving, but I don't. :( Maybe when you take up the yoga you'll start to feel more centered and less behind? I'm sure your back will love you for it. ;)

Good luck!

Liz said...

Simple, Catherine! Just move to St. Paul!
:)