Saturday, January 09, 2010

I baked! I cooked!

It's been a weird week -- we had so many leftovers from the holidays, I barely had a reason to bake or cook! I did manage each, once, though:

Overripe bananas are always the best excuse:

This is the first time I tried replacing all of the oil called for in a recipe with ground flaxseeds, and it worked well! The recipe called for 1/2 cup oil, and I used 1/2 cup flaxseeds and 1/2 cup applesauce. The banana bread stayed nice and moist, even though I used whole-wheat pastry flour, too! Success.

Dinner Thursday night:

Pasta alla puttanesca! With a random 2 cups of white beans thrown in, since they were languishing in the fridge. Deeeeeeeeelicious. I didn't follow a recipe at all, and was very pleased with how this turned out. Success #2!

UGH -- I'm off to CPR and 1st Aid training from 8 - 4:30 today. Blah! (At least I get to take a day off next week to make up for it!) After I get home, though, it's grocery time! I'm excited to get back to meal-planning and cooking!

No comments: