Sunday, January 10, 2010

welcome to the bake-a-long!

Victoria and I have started our Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day bake-a-long this week! We decided to start with the recipe for "Olive Oil Dough," which can then be turned into many different tasty concoctions.

Since choosing what to DO with the dough is up to the individual baker, I decided to take my first lump of olive oil dough and turn it into Olive Bread!

So beautiful! So easy! (As one comes to expect with AB.) So delicious!

Sliced up, ready to be enjoyed with dinner:


I served the olive bread alongside Corn Chowder with Roasted Poblanos, from The New Mayo Clinic Cookbook:

Best corn chowder recipe, I swear. Not too rich, not too heavy, and if you use local home-frozen sweet corn like I did, the corn practically tastes like candy! Yum.

And, what's dinner without dessert, right?

Mixed-berry crumble, to be enjoyed with vanilla ice cream here in a little bit, once we settle into the couch and a movie for the rest of the evening!

Stay tuned for more bake-a-long fun!

2 comments:

Vic Robinson said...

I would eat that crumble right off my screen!

Carrie™ said...

I love olive bread! Yum!Yum! The soup, the dessert..It all looks scrumptious.