Sunday, March 14, 2010

eating out = not much cooking

We ended up eating out both lunch and dinner yesterday, so I don't have many photos from my weekend cooking extravaganza to post -- mostly because it wasn't much of an extravaganza. :)

Lunch today:


Dinner tonight:
(WHY does blogger do this???? Does anyone else have this problem?)

Spicy Peanut Noodles, from Eating Well, with a whole slew of veggies (green onion, red pepper, carrot, cucumber, and broccoli) included for both health and deliciousness. I made a few changes to the original recipe, including using soba instead of whole-wheat spaghetti, and omitting the garlic and cayenne in favor of chile-garlic sauce -- about 1 teaspoon. Since Dan and Ryan both doused their noodles with copious amounts of sriracha, I guess next time I'll increase the chile-garlic sauce to at least 2 teaspoons! This was a fast, easy, and really, really delicious recipe that I am certain will come back again and again.

I also cooked up some pinto beans, baked a pan of "Raspberry Oatmeal Bars" from Joy of Vegan Baking (with homemade blackberry jam as the filling,) prepped tomorrow night's dinner, ground up a pound of flaxseeds in the coffee grinder, and made some chana masala, which we actually haven't eaten yet. (We'll enjoy it in leftover form on Wednesday night, most likely.)

In addition to all of this cooking, I did manage to get outside and enjoy our beautiful weather today! Ann and I have revived our weekly walks on Sundays, and Christine has been able to join us occasionally. Yay exercise! (In addition to the 30 minutes of yoga I did, too!)

How was your weekend?

No comments: