Sunday, April 18, 2010

one chill evening

After a very busy weekend, (errands, mountains of laundry, mega cooking extravaganza, friends' housewarming party, plans with other friends, etc.), Dan and I were due for a chill evening. We started with these seemingly indulgent, but really truly healthy taco salads:

The June 2010 issue of Eating Well has a GREAT article titled "Elements of a Power Salad," containing several tempting recipes, most easily vegetized, and this taco salad caught my eye right away. Now, I think that Eating Well does an excellent job of printing outstanding recipes and nutrition information, but they've really outdone themselves this time . . . this salad was AMAZING! Looking at that picture makes me want to yank the leftovers out of the fridge and have a second dinner! (Although I probably won't, since I'm not all that hungry right now. But you get the idea!)

We followed the salads with . . .

Yesssssss . . . strawberry cream puffs! Organic strawberries have been on deep sale lately, and I just couldn't resist. YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM.

After dessert, we hopped on our bikes for about an hour. Next on the agenda? Couch!

1 comment:

Judy said...

Wow - I made amazingly delicious and healthy taco salads for dinner the night before you did! And now I am craving it again since I see this photo :)