Saturday, May 08, 2010

just busy.

Hello there! Yeah, I haven't posted much, and I haven't cooked much. Dan's out of town this weekend, and I was SO busy this morning, I feel like I've already put in a full day! What was I up to?

1. I took Oliver to a veterinary dermatologist in Eden Prairie for a consultation at 8 AM. He's been working hard at licking all of the fur off his belly for about a year now, and recently he's moved on to his legs as well. $214 later, we have a prescription for "Clomicalm," since we believe Oliver's over-grooming is psychosomatic/stress related. (He's always been a very anxious meowza.) Wish me luck giving him a pill every day! I'm thinking hiding it in 1/4 tsp of ice cream might make things easier????? Maybe?????

(The Clomicalm wasn't that expensive -- the visit and tests were most of the cost. Thank goodness!)

2. After safely returning a pretty pissy kitty to the apartment, I went to the Farmer's Market, Kitchen Window, Penzey's, Bill's Imported Foods, Shuang Hur, and finally, the Wedge. We're $200 poorer in our grocery budget, but well-stocked with fun things like morels (!) and asparagus and inexpensive tofu and lemongrass and pistachios and dried peaches and dried strawberries.

I'm such a food nerd -- I can't believe it took 6 stops to get the shopping done. :)

Happy weekend!

No comments: