Wednesday, July 21, 2010

oily

First, here's that zucchini bread I made over the weekend:

I'm not totally happy with this recipe, but it is pretty good! Folks at work gobbled down one loaf, and Dan and I have been working on the other two for breakfast this week. I'm glad I used a combination of whole-wheat pastry flour and chickpea flours, (2 cups ww pastry, 1 cup chickpea,) but this bread is TOO OILY. I should have trusted my instincts and NOT used the full amount of oil called for in the original recipe. I think I'll try half oil and half milk next time and see if that helps!

To counteract the oily zucchini bread, we had a delicious, light dinner on Monday night:

Mmmmmm . . . beet and goat cheese salads! I made some fabulous garlic bread on the side, too -- brushed slices of multigrain sourdough with olive oil, broiled them until toasted, rubbed the bread with a cut clove of garlic, and added the teensiest pinch of salt. Yum yum!

"Clean out the crisper" coconut curry:

Even though I REALLY didn't feel like curry for dinner last night, it turned out to be quite the fantastic meal! Tofu and a bunch of veggies, mostly from the farmer's market, never fail to satisfy, especially when smothered in the simplest curry sauce on the planet -- 1 can of coconut milk and 2 tablespoons each curry paste, low-sodium soy sauce, and sugar. Spicy, fatty, and satisfying! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm Beets and goat cheese!! I love it so much. I had my leftovers for lunch today and it was glorious!