Sunday, November 07, 2010

ode to VCON

_example

It wouldn't be Vegan MoFo without Chickpea Cutlets, right? :)

I like making a big Sunday dinner, and tonight's was no exception! Using practically every pot and roasting pan I own, I managed a whopper of an ode to Veganomicon -- "Chickpea Cutlets," smothered with "Mustard Sauce," with sides of oven-roasted potatoes, steamed broccoli, and "Saffron-Garlic Rice." Since we ate dinner kind of late, Dan had two full plates of food! Yowza! Despite all of my efforts there are hardly any leftovers; in my opinion, that's just the mark of a great meal!

4 comments:

singerinkitchen said...

Whoa that IS a big Sunday dinner! Looks super delicious! Guess what we had? Peanut butter and Jelly sandwiches and hummus and pita. Got back from a big concert and did not feel like cooking. Yours looks so good. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I have been wanting to try this cutlet recipe myself, so thanks for the review. Looks really good!

Crystal said...

Yay! I'm now on the cutlet bandwagon.

I still need to send you that gravy recipe - sorry!

Vegan Wheekers said...

Your chickpea cutlet looks great! Now I wonder why mine doesn't look like that, LOL!