Sunday, November 21, 2010

A Very Vegan Thanksgiving Part 1: The Meal

_example

Thanksgiving is, by far, my favorite holiday. Why? It's all about the food!

I am very much a traditionalist when it comes to Thanksgiving dinner, and want to enjoy all of my favorites -- sweet potato casserole, corn souffle, green beans, cranberry relish, pumpkin pie, the works! I prefer the meal to be high-quality, moderate in calories, but very familiar -- no curry in my sweet potatoes, no chiles in my green beans, etc.

Since Dan and I will be travelling over the actual holiday, I decided to fix us a ginormous pre-Thanksgiving dinner tonight; and in honor of Vegan MoFo, I prepared a fully vegan meal! Every day this week, I will feature one of the dishes I made, link to recipes, give my review, and mention any adjustments/changes I made in order to veganize.

Happy Vegan Thanksgiving to all!

2 comments:

Jenny K said...

Have any leftovers?! That looks amazing; I can't wait to read your reviews and follow the links to help me make Thanksgiving for my family.

Catherine Weber said...

Jenny, we do have a TON of leftovers! Thankfully, I won't have to fix dinner this week! :)

I won't finish posting until Friday or Saturday, so if there were any specific links you were interested in, let me know -- I'd be happy to email them to you! (There's a link to my email on my profile page.)