Sunday, April 17, 2011

non-traditional pasta salad

I'm facing yet another super-busy week this week, and wanted something ready to get me through lunch, at least for the first few days! "Tex-Mex Pasta Salad" was born:

This was definitely a non-traditional approach to pasta salad, but it's mighty tasty! I tossed cooked pasta, black beans, a diced red bell pepper, a diced green bell pepper, some finely chopped cilantro, half a diced red onion, and some cubed pepper-jack with a dressing made from the juice of one lime, two tablespoons of olive oil, two tablespoons of Vegenaise, and 1/3 cup salsa, pureed, and topped the lot with sliced avocado just before serving. Delicious! I only wish I had thought to pick up some corn as well -- little pops of yellow would make the salad even more gorgeous than it already is, I think!

I will definitely add this to my summer repertoire -- it's always nice to have plenty of salad ideas!

2 comments:

Stephen Cottrell said...

Awesome and Inspirational!

Sara said...

Definitely gonna try this!