Tuesday, July 26, 2011

curry!

I cooked! For myself! Granted, it was nothing earth-shattering, (curry using up leftovers,) but still! Here it is:

Ingredients: 7 ounces of firm tofu (half a package,) 1 tsp peanut oil, 1 cup sliced red onion, 1 cup sliced mushrooms, 1 cup roughly chopped green beans, 1 cup roughly chopped orange bell pepper, 1 cup roughly chopped snow peas, 1 tbsp curry paste, 5.5 oz can coconut milk (the little can is just so cute!), 1 tsp soy sauce, and 1 tsp sugar. Served over a bed of quinoa, this was a healthy and satisfying dinner last night!

Two things sped this meal to my table: 1. I had pre-cooked quinoa on hand, and 2. I had pre-browned cakes of tofu on hand. :)

I also learned a lesson to take with me into the future . . . I will ALWAYS brown tofu in cakes, and then cube it afterwards, instead of browning individual cubes. Takes so much less time for flipping, and you get basically the same result! Duh, Catherine. :)

1 comment:

Emily said...

I've been making batches of quinoa recently and it is so nice to have some on-hand!