Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Reuben? Rachel?

Dinner last night:

I'm back on my tempeh reuben kick -- Wedge pumpernickel bread, Annie's thousand island dressing, Bubbies sauerkraut, organic sliced swiss, and "Seasoned Tempeh" from Moosewood Restaurant Cooks at Home. Kale Slaw with Peanut Dressing and sliced apple on the side. Damn, I love that slaw recipe!

Here was a question asked of me during dinner last night that I don't have the answer to: what's the difference between a Reuben and a Rachel? Anyone out there know? Do comment, please!

2 comments:

Ali said...

A Reuben has something called "corned beef" on it (don't even get me started on how gross that sounds) and a Rachel has turkey. Your tempeh version looks amazing!

Liz said...

I don't know, but that looks crazy good! The kale slaw really stands out- I've got to try that recipe!