Thursday, March 15, 2012

seasonless soup

We are having unseasonably warm, spring-like weather lately -- and I love it! I wasn't prepared for this gorgeousness, however, as I had soup on the meal plan this week . . .

"Red Lentil Soup with Greens," from Moosewood Restaurant Simple Suppers. I think this might be one of those few seasonless soups, because this made an awesome dinner last night! Thick and protein-rich, but not heavy, I could see myself enjoying this soup almost any time of year. (And I received a text message during choir practice from John that read, "Holy smokes, I love this soup." Must be a good one!) I love the strong ginger and anise flavors, the addition of lots of chard, and the subtle coconut undertone. Good thing there's just enough left for my lunch today!

No comments: